Bakunin’s Bum
Fight to Win: A Benefit for OCAP
G7 Welcoming Committee

There’s something about the name of the musical project, the CD title, and the record label that’s releasing it that just screams subtlety. In all honesty, pretty much what you’re going to be getting is an intriguing mix of stings and beats courtesy of members of Montreal institutions godspeed you black emperor! and Rythms Activism as the background to impassioned speeches made by OCAP activists Shawn Brant and Sue Collins. Thoughts on such topics as what a peaceful society is and an explanation of the activities of OCAP are used throughout the disc, and although it’s not exactly the kind of thing that provokes balanced discussion, this disc is an example of people who truly believe in their political views. It’s like a musical equivalent to Adbusters Magazine.

Rating: VVVVV
Andrew Chin

Various
Twisted Forever: A Tribute To Twisted Sister
Koch

It was only a matter of time before those tribute albums made their way to the fabulous 80’s, and here we are! And when you think of the glamourous 80’s, who else deserves honour, other than Dee Snider and crew? Although some of the track selections and band’s doing the tribute are questionable (Hammerfall?, Sebastian Bach?), the majority of the album rocks yer arse with stellar renditions by Nashville Pussy, Motorhead, VOD, Fu Manchu and most importantly, Twisted Sister doing AC/DC! Maybe not the absolute best album they could have organized, this tribute is still a blast nonetheless.

Rating: VVVV
Julie Swarren