This week the TTC bus drivers are up on the anvil. It’s time to bring down the hammer of their apathy that routinely screws up my mornings.

Nobody likes to waste time. Well, almost nobody. It seems as though the TTC rig-pigs have no problem with it. Without regard for the schedule of their passengers, bus drivers continuously make unscheduled stops-abandoning their coach wherever they please to saunter languidly over to Tim’s for a break.

Time and time again I miss my connector bus because of this ignorant ritual. It’s bad enough that I have to guess when my bus is coming-times seem to be posted at less than 20 per cent of the stops in this city-but the added burden of having to explain to my prof. that my tardiness is due to my bus driver’s poor work ethic-is intolerable.

If TTC drivers want two paid “fifteens” and a half hour lunch each day, they should rise their fat asses up off their plush, air-ride seats and back into the retail squalor they came from…God forbid they ever have to stand.

Maybe then they’d know what it’s like to loiter at bus stop for 30 minutes, shifting your weight from foot to foot as you wait like a sheep for the next bus (which you have no idea when to expect, because-wait for it-the stop times aren’t posted); all because the last damn driver left your bus stranded in traffic while he fucked off to get his coffee fix.

The ACME Anvil is a weekly rant addressed to those who should be clobbered over the head with an anvil and left to die in the ditch on the side of an abandoned road.