ATHLETES OF THE YEAR
Blues volleyball captain Marc Arsenau won Male Athlete of the Year, while Philippa Kedgley and Jocelyn Adu-Gyumfi shared the title on the women’s side. Under Arsenau’s guidance the men’s volleyball team won Ontario University Athletics (OUA) gold for the eighth time in the last 10 years. Kedgley went on to be the leading scorer in Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) field hockey and was named CIS Player of the Year as a result. Meanwhile, Adu-Gyumfi dominated in CIS track & field, taking home gold in long jump and bronze in 4x200m relay.

OUA CHAMPIONS
Seven Blues squads were able to capture OUA titles this season, including: Men’s Baseball, Women’s Squash, Men’s Swimming, Women’s Swimming, Women’s Track & Field, Men’s Volleyball and Women’s Volleyball. Congratulations also go to the Blues Thundersquad, who won the Canadian College Danz Team Association (CCDTA) Championship and finished second in the Grand Championships.

ON THE GRIDIRON
The Toronto Argonauts recently signed Jean-Frederic Tremblay, who was their first-round draft pick from Laval University. Tremblay turned in a time of 4.41 seconds for a 40 yard run at the 2004 CFL Evaluation Camp, which was the fastest time at the camp. He also led his school to the 2003 Vanier Cup Championship. The Argos play their first regular season home game June 15, 2004 against the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

SOCCER ACTION
If you are looking for quality professional soccer this summer, then look no further than Centennial Park Stadium in Etobicoke. This is serving as the home of the Toronto Lynx, a member of the North American A-League who started actively competing in 1997. Their next home game takes place Saturday, May 29th against the Montreal Impact.

IN OTHER NEWS
Christian Redmann, Adrian Weglo, Sarah Hogarth, and coach Kristine Drakich will represent the University of Toronto at the 2004 World university Beach Volleyball Championships in Songkhla Province, Thailand, June 17-20.