Toronto Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the Sept. 19 sexual assault near St. George Campus.

A 25-year-old female student at St. George campus was on her way home from work when she was attacked, dragged into a nearby alley, and sexually assaulted. The attack took place at 4 a.m. on Beverly Street, near Cecil Street.

The assailant, who escaped before police arrived, also stole the victim’s purse.

Kevin Mack, a 23-year-old who lives in Toronto’s east end, has been charged with forcible confinement, sexual assault causing bodily harm, threatening to cause bodily harm, robbery, and possession of property obtained by crime.

Detective Anthony Charles of the sex crimes unit told The Varsity that the suspect was known to police and was also charged with two counts of failing to comply with probation, for a breaking-and-entering case, and for failure to attend court.

The suspect was found through circulating composite sketches and processing forensic evidence, Charles told the Globe and Mail.

The attack, which lasted 10 minutes, came after reports of a peeping tom looking into women’s homes in the St. George and Bloor area. Last year, three separate sexual assaults occurred at York University.

Mack was denied bail at his Oct. 3 court appearance at Old City Hall. His trial date is set for Oct. 21, at the same location.