The final issue of The Varsity Magazine (out Tuesday, March 17) concerns THE UNIVERSITY WE WANT. So we want to know—what is it you desire?

No really, what do you want? Because we’ve got a pretty good idea what you don’t want—we hear about that all the time. Admittedly, we might be a bit out of practice with this dream-without-compromise stuff. After all, at this school it’s considered acceptable for classrooms to go without proper windows, isn’t it?

Tell us in the comments section below how you’d change U of T for the better. What would a Utopia U look like? We’ll redesign buildings for you. We’ll re-align priorities. We’ll rewrite constitutions and budgets. Just tell us what you want.
Imagine you’re suddenly in charge of this place, and you’ve got the guts to go ahead with what you know it needs—the things you feel like screaming on the street when you’ve had a really bad U of T day, and the things you wish were always the case when you’ve had that rare good one.
Why did you choose to go here in the first place? What would it take to convince you to attend a Blues game? Where are you happiest on campus? What’s the most underfunded program?

This is for the people who believed all the talk about the importance of interdisciplinary research (holla to our friends in “— Studies”), only to discover the number of boundary-driven, protectionist assholes who will never let you into a class in their department.

This is for students who have seen a bird’s-eye-view of our school, and realized U of T has about as much an environmental purpose as a parking lot.
This is for anyone who has searched for good food on campus, given up, and gone home.
And this is for you if you’ve had a really good class discussion once, and came out of it wondering why school can’t be like that all the time. Or if you had to do an extra year to graduate because someone in your registrar’s office gave you the wrong piece of advice.

Please write us a note about how you’d change the system if you’ve ever tried to book a space on campus and were turned down because you’re not part of a campus group, or your campus group isn’t a college group, or you don’t have $300.

We know what you don’t want. Tell us what you do.

There are only two rules. Rule one: dream big. Rule two: no saying what can’t be done. It’s about our shared wants, not our shared what-we-can-gets. No cynicism allowed.