The Republican nominee for president deserves a win on November 6. We’re very sorry that he has achieved every success but if you get past that, past all that smooth texture, you will see hope for the United States of America in Governor Mitt Romney.

He wants you to have more cash in your wallets and if it takes a couple of trees to print the paper, Mitt Romney will take the heat. On the home front he believes you should get up off the couch and find a job to pay the bills, a job created by your neighbor and not a distant suit and tie. When he ran a company that was in the business of making money, he sent jobs to places that would accomplish the goal. But soon, with your help, Romney will be running America and America’s business is to create jobs for its citizens. You might cite binders of women and his rejection of gay unions as evidence of his poor attitude towards civil rights, but if you listen closely, you’ll find that he simply faces the same dilemma that any thinking person does: an unborn baby could become president and if marriage is to be re-defined, we ought to approach a change to this bedrock of nations with caution.

On foreign policy Romney has yet to gaffe. His presence in London during the Olympics was appropriate, since he is a former organizer of the Winter Games. As such, Mitt Romney’s comments on the security issues facing the Games Organizing Committee were apt because not two days before it had been revealed that the company tasked with securing the games would fail to meet their stipulated contract. He spoke intelligently about the Games, not derisively, as a leader would when faced with the mistakes of others. In Israel he affirmed his long held belief that it and America ought to be good friends and to have one another’s back. Obama’s repeated snubbing of Israeli prime minister Netanyahu, most recently during the opening session of the United Nations, does not accord with the role of an American president interested in keeping close ties with the country’s marooned ideological brethren. With Mali set to soon become a new fully-fledged Taliban state, Israel — truly free and democratic — needs a President Romney if it is to avoid being swallowed by its neighbors.

Mitt Romney’s comment that Russia is the greatest enemy of the United States, was indeed a used line from the eighties cold war playbook. But many don’t understand that the situation hasn’t changed as much from the cold war era as it may seem. Then, Russia was a corrupt plutocracy that starved its citizens and stifled the right to public assembly and freedom of speech. Now, Russia is run by Vladimir Putin. During the foreign policy debate that many thought Obama won, I heard him tell us that he has no plan of action, while arguing for a hawkishness that looked more like a bird on a wire. The other man, old silver, also squawked a weak line on policy but he revealed an understanding of necessary increase in military spending and determination to use stern tactics when dealing with those who do not share America’s noble interests.

If you can, cast your ballot for the governor. If you can’t, please stop regurgitating late night one-liners and focus on a candidate who offers a superior alternative to George W. Bush junior. That’s right; Obama with his drones and his massive spending program far more closely resembles former President Bush than you care to realize. For the first time in twelve years vote for true hope and change. Vote for Mitt Romney.

Updated: The sentence “You might cite binders of women and his rejection of gay unions as evidence of his poor attitude towards civil rights, but if you listen closely, you’ll find that he simply faces the same dilemma that any thinking person does: an unborn baby could become president and if marriage is to be re-defined, we ought to approach a change to this bedrock of nations with caution” was incorrectly shortened in an earlier version of this article. We regret the error.