This year’s summer intramural leagues are now in progress. If you’re looking for some sporting action on campus this summer, be sure to check out some of the upcoming games!

Co-ed Softball

Over 19 teams are taking part in this summer’s co-ed softball intramurals, formatted as a seven-game regular season. Separated into two divisions, softball is being offered recreationally and competitively with the option of playoffs. Teams are defined as either member teams or non-member teams, with member teams’ rosters containing at least 75 per cent current Athletic Centre members (i.e. staff, alumni, community, and summer students). Rules include a minimum of three women  actively playing (i.e. in the field positions) at all times. A total of five complete innings must be played for the game to count, with a maximum of nine innings.

Both last year’s finalists, the UC Gryphons and the Biomers, are returning to the competition this year and are slotted in the same pool.  The Biomers, a group of medical students, emerged victorious last summer and will be looking to win again; however, they will have to beat teams who are still a part of the pool of undefeated teams if they hope to succeed.

Men’s Cricket

Last season proved productive for the St. George campus, with St. George Black winning the 2012–2013 TriCampus men’s indoor cricket league’s championship. The winter season’s intramural champions were Chestnut and Skule B. For the summer season, teams may dress a maximum of nine players, with seven on the field at a time. Games last 90 minutes, and each team gets 42 minutes at bat with a one-minute break in between batting sessions. Each inning consists of 54 pitches.

Co-ed Ultimate

Considering the success of the Toronto Rush this year, it is no surprise that several teams have signed up for co-ed ultimate intramurals. With a minimum of seven players per team — including at least one girl — ultimate is a simple, yet fast-paced game. The rules of the game are fairly simple: one hour for each match, including a five- minute break in the middle, and an optional 30 second timeout for each team.

This year’s teams include PT/OT, Lannisters, Goliath, and Skule. Games are held Sunday evenings at Varsity Stadium.

The next two matches are set to take place on Sunday, July 7 with Skule taking on PT/OT at 8.30pm, followed by Lannisters against Goliath at 9.30 pm. PT/OT are currently in the lead with three games won, while Skule props up the division with one loss and two defaults. Ultimate playoffs are scheduled for Sunday, July 14.