Soldiers' Tower lit up at night. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

Soldiers’ Tower lit up at night. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The Memorial Window, depicting a maple leaf rising out of the flames of the Victory Torch. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The Chalice of Remembrance, engraved with the names of the 67th Battery members who were lost in World War I. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

Medals from the First World War. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

This bugle was the first to call the University of Toronto Contingent COTC to arms. It belonged to Lieutenant A. Harold Goodman of the 116th Battery CEF, who fell at Amiens on August 8, 1918. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The lower panels of the Memorial Window depict the men and women of the services: a sailor, a soldier, an airman, and a nurse. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The image of poppies at the foot of crosses refers to John McCrae's famous poem, In Flanders Fields. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The image of poppies at the foot of crosses refers to John McCrae’s famous poem, In Flanders Fields. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The Memorial Screen at Soldiers' Tower is carved with the names of those who were lost during the First World War. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The Memorial Screen at Soldiers’ Tower is carved with the names of those who were lost during the First World War. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The carillon at Soldiers' Tower was originally built with 23 bells. Additional donations were made by alumni in honour of colleagues who fell in the Second World War, bringing the total number of bells to 51. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The carillon at Soldiers’ Tower was originally built with 23 bells. Additional donations were made by alumni in honour of colleagues who fell in the Second World War, bringing the total number of bells to 51. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

The original 23 bronze bells were cast by British firm Gillett and Johnston. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

Carillonneurs play the bells at Soldiers' Tower on this clavier. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY

Carillonneurs play the bells at Soldiers’ Tower on this clavier. JENNIFER SU/THE VARSITY