With just over two weeks of classes left, it’s difficult not to think about plans for the summer. For those at U of T who currently take advantage of the many on-campus athletic facilities at Hart House, the Athletic Centre, or the Goldring Centre, perhaps you’ve wondered about your new plans for how to stay fit this summer while not enrolled in classes at the university.

There are many gyms across the city that offer month-to-month memberships, but sometimes varying your routine can provide great results. Here are some affordable opportunities that can keep you busy while in the city over the summer.

Kickboxing classes

Kickboxing classes are a great way to stay fit while also acquiring a new skill in the company of new and old friends this summer. Most places offer new students the opportunity to enroll in trial classes at a reduced cost in order to determine whether the sport is for you. Krudar Muay Thai is one of the most popular locations for Muay Thai Kickboxing in Toronto, and is located at 152 Augusta Avenue near Kensington Market. Krudar also offers a range of other classes including spinning, bootcamp, kettlebell, and yoga.

Nike neighbourhood running clubs

The Nike neighbourhood running clubs have been gaining popularity in the city over the past two years. The clubs are always welcoming new customers, and are open to all runners, regardless of previous experience. There are four locations, and The Annex club is conveniently located at the Hart House Arbor Room. The clubs are perfect for those looking for a new and exciting way to train for upcoming races or marathons this summer.

Outdoor workouts

For those who prefer to engage in individual activities while also taking advantage of the longanticipated heat, there are a range of outdoor workouts that can help you stay active this summer. From biking and hiking to park bench workouts, there is something to fit everyone’s needs.