Update (September 16, 2015, 11:05 pm): The Varsity received a response from the president of the Association of Part-Time Undergraduate Students (APUS) after the publication of this article, which had been updated to reflect the comments.

Munib Sajjad, executive director for the Scarborough Campus Students’ Union (SCSU) is no longer serving in the position. His position as vice-president internal for APUS is also vacant.

Maina Rambali, APUS president, confirmed that Sajjad has moved on from his position due to personal reasons, thanking him for the work he did. “He has contributed a lot to our organization in his tenure as vp internal and we thank him for his service.” Rambali added that the vacancy would be filled in accordance with APUS by-laws.

It is unclear if the vacancies are the result of a resignation or termination, and neither the SCSU nor the APUS has released statements to either explain the situation or to mention the opening. The SCSU website no longer lists the executive director as a position on their team; however, Sajjad remained listed as a member of the APUS Board of Directors.

Nicole Dionisio, president of the SCSU, would not comment on the reasons for the vacancy, but provided an explanation on the importance of the position. “The [executive director] is multi-faceted and critical to ensuring support to the executives and continuity of the work of the SCSU. They also provide stability, resources, and advice to the initiatives the executives wish to accomplish from year to year. They provide operational support to the services administered and franchises run through the SCSU, as well as the overall operations of the student centre.”