This past Friday, U of T’s Varsity Stadium played host to another outstanding victory for the Western Mustang’s 2015 football team. Last year, U of T played the Mustangs in London and faired slightly better, losing by only 48 points, whereas this past week’s final score of 58-2 saw the home team Blues’ lose by a massive 56 points.

During their last home game of the regular season, U of T honored its graduating seniors before the game. Allowing for the fans to show their appreciation for the veteran players one last time.

Unfortunately, that was the high point of the night for the Blues.

Western’s spirits were high as they came into town fresh off of an equally devastating victory over the Carleton Ravens which saw the Mustangs run up 70 points to the Ravens’ 14. The Western offense was lead by quarterback Will Finch, who threw 26 completions for 469 yards and three touchdowns, and running-back Alex Taylor who ran for 203 yards and two touchdowns.

The Blues fifth-year quarterback, Simon Nassar, completed 13 of 32 passes, totaling only 121 yards. The Mustangs shut down the Blues’ running game as well, holding running back Lukas Gavac to just 82 yards on the day.

This loss brings U of T’s record to 2–4 with two games left in the season, both of which are on the road.

The Blues play their last games of the season in Waterloo on October 17 and Ottawa on October 24.