[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he Varsity Blues women’s volleyball team recently won the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) Team of the Year Award. The annual award is presented to a team that demonstrates athletic excellence and has a compelling story.

In the 2015–2016 season, the Varsity Blues women’s volleyball team were undefeated, winning all 19 of their regular season games and all six of their provincial playoff games against Ottawa, McMaster, and Ryerson.

The OUA title last season was in addition to 10 previous OUA titles that they have won in the history of the program. At the national level, the women’s team defeated three other teams, including defending national champs Trinity Western Spartans, to win the CIS national banner for the first time in program history.

Kristine Drakich was named OUA East Coach of the Year for the third season in a row, as well as OUA Female Coach of the Year. Right-side player Alina Dormann won the OUA East Division Rookie of the Year Award and the Player of the Year Award. Dormann, Madelyn Mandryk, Denise Wooding, and Bojana Radan were all named OUA all-stars.

While the team will lose four graduating players, the majority of the team is set to return next year. Drakich commented on the upcoming season: “Our hope is to build on this very special and magical season and be in a position to challenge for the national title again. This will not be easy but we are up for the challenge.”