[dropcap]A[/dropcap]lthough U of T continues to be one of the most prestigious universities in Canada, fear and talk of rigorous standards exist among our student communities. That, however, does not have to be the case — no other university can offer the same opportunities that U of T does.

U of T has attracted some of the most outstanding and established faculty members from all over the globe. Their cutting-edge research is incorporated into lectures to all students’ benefit, while also providing opportunities for participation by students at various levels. This not only provides supplementary learning, but also fosters critical thinking.

Although the journey for an undergraduate at the University of Toronto is tough, it is certainly not impossible. There are mentorship programs to ease the transition into university and plenty of campus resources available for academics.

Moreover, U of T recognizes the importance of students’ social lives and extracurricular activities. Ulife, an online database of student groups and activities, lists numerous, diverse student organizations which students may join. Through these groups, students can grow beyond the realm of academics and make more meaningful connections to university life. By exploring everything this university has to offer, students are bound to excel and acquire skills for the next steps in their lives.

Read more opinions in The Varsity’s Student Handbook.