Serious Lessons from 200 Pancreas Cancer Whole Genomes

U of T Professor of Surgery Dr. Steven Gallinger will be hosting this talk on the lessons learned from studying the whole genomes of 200 cancer-affected pancreases.

Date: November 28

Time: 9:00 am

Location: Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, 209 Victoria Street

Admission: Free

Arduino for Beginners

Arduino is a ‘micro-controller,’ which means that it can be programmed to control other electronics and used in a number of DIY projects. Come out to this event, hosted by the Pop-Up Learning Lab, to learn more about Arduino and electronic programming!

Date: December 2

Time: 3:00–5:00 pm

Location: Lillian H. Smith Toronto Public Library, 239 College Street

Admission: Free with registration

The Science of Winter 

U of T’s Dr. Stephen Morris discusses the physics of icicles in a child-friendly way. This event, co-hosted by the Royal Canadian Institute of Science and Pueblo Science, is sure to be an educational experience for the whole family!

Date: December 4

Time: 2:00–3:30 pm

Location: MacLeod Auditorium, Medical Sciences Building, 1 King’s College Circle

Admission: Free with registration

Women in Robotics Series: Erica Tiberia

The Women in Robotics Series, held by Women Engineers Toronto and Get Your Bot On!, will be featuring Erica Tiberia for its next session. Co-hosted with the IEEE Toronto Section, Engineering in medicine and Biology Society, and Women in Engineering, it will highlight Tiberia’s work. Tiberia is a “robotocist, creative technologist, educator and entrepreneur.” Tiberia’s work with NASA has garnered extensive media attention, including from Bloomberg Tech and the Discovery Channel.

Date: December 8

Time: 6:00–9:00 pm

Location: Health Innovation Hub,

263 McCaul Street

Admission: Free with registration