LSCDS January Seminar: Science Careers in Government

A science degree doesn’t have to confine you to a career in medicine or research. The Life Sciences Career Development Society will be presenting a seminar to discuss science careers in government and other public fields.

Date: Wednesday, January 25

Time: 5:50–8:00 pm

Location: Medical Sciences Building, Room 2170, 1 King’s College Circle

Admission: Free for U of T students and trainees with registration; $10.00 for the public with registration

Invasive Species in Our Forests

Science for Peace will be holding a public lecture hosted by Professor Sandy Smith of the U of T Faculty of Forestry, who will discuss the species that are threatening Canada’s forests today.

Date: Wednesday, January 25

Time: 7:00–9:00 pm

Location: University College, Room 144, 15 King’s College Circle

Admission: Free

Stem Cells: The Next Generation

Stem cells continue to be one of the most fascinating therapeutic techniques of modern-day medicine. The U of T Student Society for Stem Cell Research will be hosting their second annual conference, which will feature local Toronto researchers who will be discussing their work regarding stem cells.

Date: Saturday, January 28

Time: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Location: Bahen Centre for Information Technology, 40 St. George Street

Admission: $5–$6 with registration

Beyond the Lancet: Conference on Surgical Technology & Applications to Disease

Modern surgery is vastly different from what it was just a decade ago, with the use of the surgical laser quickly replacing the scalpel. Come join the U of T Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology Student’s Union for their conference to explore the innovative techniques constantly being formed in the ever-changing field of surgery.

Date: Saturday, January 28

Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Location: JJR Macleod Auditorium, Medical Sciences Building, 1 King’s College Circle

Admission: Free with registration