The University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU) has joined the ranks of around a dozen other Canadian student unions that have mysteriously received sex toys in the mail. While Ryerson University’s student union recently received an ornate, pink and rose gold vibrator, the UTSU was sent a large, clear, spiral-shafted dildo of reportedly low quality and price.

The package, addressed to the union’s 12 Hart House Circle office, came on January 29 and was opened by a staff member. It came from Amazon.

UTSU President Mathias Memmel said he was amused by the unexpected delivery. He was, however, disappointed in the low quality of the dildo. “I think it’s a copycat.”

Amazon and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) are hot on the trail of the sex toy-sending rogue. Student unions from Dalhousie University in the east to Royal Roads University in the west have been receiving dozens of mysterious packages, including sex toys and assorted electronic goods.

The UTSU recieved one such package back in November. The contents included earbuds, a water tester, and iPhone chargers.

The RCMP’s investigation has found that the items are coming from distributors in China, who may be “sending their goods to Canadian university student unions as a marketing tactic,” said RCMP Constable Darryl Waruk.