Miguel Cabral, a fourth-year student and current UTMSU Promotions Coordinator, is running uncontested to be Vice-President University Affairs with the Students United slate.

As part of his experiences, Cabral lists his current affiliations with the Middle Eastern Students’ Association and the Muslim Students’ Association — adding that being a part of and working with clubs and student unions has been what has made his time at U of T “very enjoyable.”

Cabral also recently ran to be on the UTM Campus Council, advocating for similar policies as his current campaign. Results for that race will be released on April 8.

As for his goals in policy, Cabral hopes to work on “fair academic policies,” saying that he is ready to advocate for extending the deadline to drop courses with refund, “a self-assigned sick note” policy, and “a midterm deferral policy.”  

Cabral also hopes to lobby the university to have campus space that is “reflective of UTM students’ needs,” listing study, leisure, de-stressing, and multifaith and prayer spaces, as well as more food options.

Editor’s Note (March 14, 8:28 pm): An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that Cabral lost the race for UTM Campus Council. In fact, the results have not been released yet, therefore Cabral is still in the running for the election. The Varsity regrets the error.