1. Poetikal – Gnartical (3-P Entertainment) Neither gnarly nor radical Gnartical is quite possibly the worst sound recording of all time. Seriously Ben, stop wearing the shark suit, stop making music. Poetikal’s thoughtless attempt at electro-pop makes feckless halfwits like Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth look like musical geniuses.

2. Omnisoul – Things That Could be Said (Wind-up) Do Dave Matthews and Jason Mraz really have to meet Oasis?

3. The Killers – Sam’s Town (Island) In October, Killers frontman Brandon Flowers claimed his Boss-tinged Sam’s Town to be “one of the best albums in the past twenty years” which simultaneously confirmed that he is both incredibly self-centred and an idiot.

4. Mandy Kane – Murder in the Daylight (Mummy’s Boy) “If the good die young, why am I still here?” Think about it Mandy, it’s because you suck.

5. The Stills – Without Feathers (Vice) Logic won’t break your heart, but this thoroughly bland follow-up will.

6. The Dears – Gang of Losers (MapleMusic) It’s a great indie rock record… minus anything remotely catchy.

7. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Stadium Arcadium (Warner Bros.) When will bands learn that double albums always contain at least one album’s worth of filler? Stadium makes you dream of Californication.

8. Faktion – S/T (Roadrunner) The fact that label Roadrunner dropped Faktion after only eight months is proof this hard-rock record really flopped.

9. Gnarls Barkley – St. Elsewhere (Warner Music) What was all the fuss about? 10 years from now no one will remember when (or why) they lost their mind to this overrated fad.

10. jacksoul – My Soul (Sony) An easy-listening Radiohead cover is only one of many missteps on this jazzy embarrassment.