The University of Toronto’s Student Newspaper Since 1880

Board of Directors

About

The Varsity newspaper is published by Varsity Publications, an independent, federally incorporated, not-for-profit corporation. Every full-time student at U of T who pays the Varsity Publications levy is a member of the corporation. Varsity Publications’ only official link with U of T is that the university collects the levy on behalf of the corporation.

The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance and oversight of Varsity Publications, and delegates responsibility for the newspaper and other operations to the Editor-in-Chief of The Varsity. The Board usually meets monthly to discuss matter such as the corporation’s finances, governance, and oversight on the operations.

Members are welcome to attend Board meetings, please email [email protected] for the next meeting date and location.

Varsity Publications also holds two General Meetings of Members each year, usually in October and April. All members of the corporation are entitled to attend and vote at these meetings.

Important Documents

Varsity Bylaws

Policies and Code of Journalistic Ethics

Financial Statements

Governance Policy

Board Meeting Minutes

COVID-19 Update

Due to COVID-19, the board of directors has decided to adopt Bylaw No. 7 to allow for the postponement of the 2020 Spring Meeting of Members and the Board of Director elections to September so that the membership is able to properly participate. Bylaw No. 7 can be found here.

Spring Meeting of Members

The next general meeting of members is on September 10. More information can be found here.

Directors and officers

Chair

Wayne George
[email protected]

Treasurer

David Baldridge
[email protected]

Secretary

Farhan Majumder
[email protected]

Editor-in-Chief

Ibnul Chowdhury
[email protected]

Board Members

David Baldridge

Wayne George

Yi Fei Huang

Shanna Hunter

Farhan Majumder

Joshua Miller

Kaitlyn Simpson

Andrew Louis (Appointed)

Fatima Syed (Appointed)