Long after the dust settled on last week’s games, I still couldn’t think straight. Tom Brady had orchestrated another uncanny John Elway-like winning drive. League MVP LaDanian Tomlinson was up in someone’s grill following the loss. Drew Brees had thrown for 243 yards, and won. The Colts’ defense had given a meagre 14 points in two games. Seattle’s Matt Hasselbeck was hitting the showers-again. Whatever the big story from last week’s games may be, they will all be put aside this Sunday at 3 p.m. Here’s the lowdown.

New England Patriots (14-4) at Indianapolis Colts (14-4)

Could anyone have picked a more perfect AFC championship? It could provide a chance for Brady to drive Peyton Manning further into the ground. Or it could be the window Manning needs to break the stranglehold and add another chapter to his legacy. Will we see kicker Adam Vinatieri inflict the same pain on his former team that he dished out to so many crushed opponents? This is a chance for one team to continue their dominance, or for another to start a revolution.

Here are some quick stats: Pats wide outs Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney have 337 yards in two weeks. The Colts defence has let up 14 points in two weeks. Manning has thrown for 647 yards and five touchdowns the last two times these two rivals met. Brady is 6-1 on the road in the post-season and the game is in the RCA Dome.

This is a tough call. I’m basing this prediction on the one thing the Colts lack: NE coach Bill Belichick. Patriots 30, Colts 27.

Chicago Bears (14-3) host New Orleans Saints (11-6)

The top two teams in the NFC square off for the conference championship in a match that will pit strength against strength. The league-best Bears defence, led by tackle leader Lance Briggs (113), goes up against the NFL’s passing leader in the Saints’ Drew Brees (4418 yards). New Orleans is led by Sean Payton, the NFC coach of the year, who last made it this far in 2000 with the New York Giants. He’ll be attempting to slow down a spotty Bears offence, led by the determined yet shaky Rex Grossman. Lovie Smith, the severe coach of the Bears will make it a priority to stop running back Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush. Both teams have been great, but the Saints seem to have a superior offense with rookie phenom Marques Colston and Drew Brees leading the passing attack. Sorry, Bears fans. Prediction: Saints 28, Bears 24