On Friday night, the Varsity Blues took on the Carleton Ravens in a game that was part of the NFL’s Football on Campus tour. Toronto came out on top of the Ravens with a 50–10 win, bringing its season’s record to 2–4.

The game started well for the Blues, with Trevor Harvey returning the opening kickoff  to the 55-yard line. From there, it only took another minute and a half of playing time before running back Aaron Milton carried in a two-yard run for a touchdown.

Toronto added on to its lead late in the first half, bringing the score to 26–0 and frustrating Ottawa fans.

Later in the game, quarterback Marcus Hobbs aired out two 20-yard completions to Harvey and Paul de Pass, followed up by a touchdown from a wide open Alex Pierzchalski. Carleton’s only score of the half was on a field goal.

Early in the second half, Toronto’s Kevin Bradfield returned a kick for 42 yards, before Pierzchalski made a short catch for a touchdown. Things weren’t all bad for the Ravens, who took advantage of their third fumble recovery to score their lone touchdown of the game.

The Blues continued to add to their lead, with a strong defense and offense that had been lacking earlier in the season, earning them a  victory. The team will play the York Lions on October 10 at York University before ending their season with a home game against the Waterloo Warriors at Varsity Stadium on October 19.