Tijon’s White Noise is his third free mixtape. Despite his relatively underground status as a rapper, his talent deserves to be recognized. He starts out strong with “Pulse,” during which you can hear multi-syllabic rhyming combined with socially conscious lyrics. The tape doesn’t let up from there; every song gets better. For a free mixtape, the production is outstanding. From a lyrical perspective, the music is filled with metaphors and hard-hitting lines. It’s difficult to isolate a couple of bars because of the way the verses flow together.

Tijon_White_Noise_Ep-front-largeThese bars from “Boy Learn” put Tijon’s lyrical prowess and multi syllabic rhyming on display. “Any terrain and it’s maneuverable / I’m tryna live and leave a legacy that’s suitable / Me I call it beautiful, you might deem unusual / To see a man moving mountains, let me tutor you / From my vantage point, I’m settin’ from a newer view.” The passion builds and explodes on the last two tracks. “MADlove” is very aggressive — the song is about various social issues and it takes a few plays to fully appreciate and dissect. The production on the last song, “House of Blues,” is excellent; there are a variety of different sounds and instruments in the background. White Noise  is easily one of the best mixtapes to come out in the past few years, and it’s definitely worth listening to.