The Varsity Blues women’s soccer squad defeated Trent University 6-1 at Varsity Stadium on Wednesday night. Blues forward Natasha Klasios led Toronto’s offense scoring a hat trick of goals.

Klasios opened the scoring in the seventh minute. Six minutes later, Trent bounced back when Haley Giles netted an equalizer following a miscue by the Blues defensive line. The early back-and-forth tone quickly ended when Klasios received the ball at the top of the box and placed a strike past Trent goalkeeper Brandi Riggs.

Trent nearly equalized for a second time before the end of the half; however, Blues keeper Sara Pertucci denied the shot on goal with a diving save. In the fiftieth minute, Klasios took a left-footed shot from the edge of the box rocketing the ball into the back of the net and completing her hat trick.

Late in the second half, Brenda Murrillo scored her first goal of the season —chipping a through-ball over a diving Riggs for her first goal of the season. Three other Blues made their way on to the score sheet for the first time this season.

The Blues continued through the second half in dominant fashion, outscoring Trent 4-0.

With this victory, Toronto’s record stands at (5-1-1) while Trent has yet to win a game this season.

The Blues will look to continue their two-game home winning streak against Queens on Sunday at Varsity Stadium.