Tackling corruption in procurement: how open contracting improved healthcare in Nigeria, Ukraine and Honduras
Have you ever wondered how people can overcome corruption to ensure sustainable development of healthcare in developing countries? The Graduate Department of Pharmaceutical Studies invites everyone to a presentation on a method used by researchers to counter hindrances brought about by corruption, which resulted in improved healthcare in Nigeria, Ukraine, and Honduras.

Date: Thursday, September 28
Time: 12:00 pm
Location: Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, 144 College Street, Room 450
Admission: Free

Ethical Futures: Imagination and Governance in an Unequal World

The science community has faced many developments in terms of agricultural biotechnology, assisted reproduction, and nuclear risk. Such scientific breakthroughs bring about ethical questions essential to the progression of science. Join Professor Sheila Jasanoff in a seminar focused on how global societies can tackle the challenges that come with scientific and technological advancement.

Date: Friday, September 29
Time: 3:00–5:00 pm
Location: Munk School of Global Affairs, 1 Devonshire Place, Vivian & David Campbell Conference Facility
Admission: Free

You are what you absorb
Nutrition is an essential part of survival — we must gain the necessary resources from the environment to support our bodies’ cells. Supplements play a large role in our efforts to maintain health, but our bodies find it difficult to break down most of them. Health and Wellness consultant Helen Atwijiyor will be giving a presentation about groundbreaking technologies designed to bypass the challenges faced by standard supplement products.

Date: Saturday, September 30
Time: 5:00–6:00 pm
Location: Studio.89, 1065 Canadian Place #104
Admission: Free