Do you have that one go-to track you play almost every night? I do! Call me old school but nothing gets me dancing like a dig in the dancing queen, and nothing ever will.

Your first week of school can be bittersweet — mine usually is. While you’re happy to reunite with your friends, you reminisce about waking up late and the few responsibilities that come with the summer season.

September has creeped up on us, so you should listen to this playlist in an attempt to commemorate your summer memories.

These popular tracks are perfect for your first week back at school. The night is young, the music is loud and before you know it we’ll be meeting up at Con Hall.

“Freaky Friday” by Lil Dicky featuring Chris Brown, 2018

This is a really a hit or miss kind of song, but for me, it’s definitely a hit. Sometimes a tune is more than enough to get grooving. A little bit of base, a little bit of pop and a whole lot of rhythm. Not to mention, the music video is hilarious!

“Partition” by Beyoncé, 2013

We all need at least one Queen B song in our playlist and here is one of my favorites! Beyoncé’s nonchalantly flawless, untouchable vocals in sync with a mood changing rhythm definitely makes this a top favourite on my playlist.

“Girls Like You” by Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B, 2018

Your new inspiration is here and it comes with a sweet touch of Adam Levine’s voice! And once again, here he is with a song that I just can’t get out of my head.

“In My Feelings” by Drake, 2018

It’s only one of the most played songs of the summer. Literally. Yet somehow I’m not sick of it and so I’d rather have a song that makes me skip a step over one that makes me fall asleep before a three hour lecture.

“Shotgun” by George Ezra, 2018

Imagine your windows rolled down, the blazing sun and cool pop riding shotgun to your favorite beats. Oh, and on blasting volume of course. Here is a favorite that I play every time, and cheesy but true – most definitely when I win shotgun. You ride shotgun to class, no?

“No Brainer” by DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper, Quavo, 2018

The “I’m The One” team is back with yet another one! What a reunion! It’s a no brainer that this song will keep you good company on your long walks to class.

“Level Up” by Ciara, 2018

Talk about one of the most viral and popular songs of the season! This already has me levelled up in my seat and I’m sitting on my couch still in my PJs. Need the perfect wake-up call after eight hours of class a day? Here’s one!

“1, 2, 3” by Sofia Reyes featuring Jason Derulo, De La Ghetto, 2018

I forgot all the Spanish I learned in high school until this beat came on, so it only seems right to have it back a few hours before class starts! It’s perfect for the first week back playlist.

“Capital Letters” by Hailee Steinfeld, BloodPop®, 2018

A packed social calendar in the summer calls for a night out every day. The semester, unfortunately, doesn’t bring us this luck. So here is a track for your first weekend back, a club ready, rushing pop, and smooth song for your playlist. Whether you’re dancing at a nightclub or in your PJs before bed — this is a mood changer!

“Dancing Queen” by Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again cast, 2018

This is a cover of a 1975 ABBA song. You know what they say: save the best for the last. You didn’t think I’d leave this out, did you? Summer is never complete without a little bit of “Dancing Queen”; words don’t do justice to this masterpiece. In lieu of a throwback to the 1970s, here is a Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again version of your favorite “Dancing Queen”! The first week of school may bring assignments, but with this song, at least you’ll be in a good mood when you write it.