With the utmost wisdom, a man once inspired by Shakira said, “Copy editors don’t lie.” And of course, that man is me. 

When it comes to writing, it’s never a one-person job. From understanding grammar and punctuation, to managing transitions between ideas and paragraphs, and ensuring factual accuracy, writing can sometimes feel like it’s taking years off your life. Therefore, as copy editors at The Varsity, we strive to give you back those years and help you tell your story more effectively — no matter the section.

I am Ozair Chaudhry, and I’m excited to serve as The Varsity’s Senior Copy Editor for Volume 145, alongside our Deputy Senior Copy Editor, Isabella Reny. In a world overflowing with misinformation, our team is dedicated to providing you with the truth through rigorous fact-checking and copy-editing. 

My goal for this year is simple: to convey your stories, ensure you are seen and heard, and keep all three of our campuses informed about social, political, and economic issues — both around U of T and globally.

I joined The Varsity as a copy editor not only because I enjoy correcting people, but also because I had the attention span of a goldfish. So, if you’re someone like me, I highly encourage you to join the copy team. 

Contact me at [email protected] and Isabella at [email protected]. I respond to emails rather quickly 🤥