Malcher enters wall, not hall

Women’s hockey player Kim Malcher was one of six individuals selected to the inaugural Esso Wall of Fame induction in a November 11 ceremony at Maple Leaf Gardens. The honour recognizes achievements of Canadian hockey players at the minor, national and/or professional level.
The fourth-year physical education student is a key member on the defending CIS champion Blues as well as a member of Canada’s National under-22 team.
Last weekend Malcher (2 goals, 8 assists for Blues through 11 games) and Blues teammate Jill Savin traveled to Calgary to compete against the Canadian Olympic team.
Other inductees were women’s National team members Nancy Drolet and Kim St. Pierre and current NHLers Paul Kariya, Wade Redden and Bryan McCabe.

The boys are back in town

Men’s hockey returns home to host the top ranked Western Mustangs (9-0-0) tonight at 7:30 before a crosstown contest against the Ryerson Rams (5-4-0) on Saturday.
The Blues (3-4-3) are fresh off a road trip to Lakehead in which they added three points to their season total with a 3-2 win and a 4-4 tie against the Thunderwolves. Both games were played in front of respectable crowds of 3,100 and 2,700 respectively.

Care for some squash

The men’s squash team will be playing this Friday and Saturday against Ryerson, McGill and Queen’s at the Sports Gym. Action starts at 7 p.m. Friday vs. the Rams and continues on Saturday at 10 a.m. vs. McGill before wrapping up at 1 p.m. against the Gaels.

Not quite dominating

Women’s volleyball is now 5-2, not 5-1, after splitting a pair of games at Lakehead over the weekend.