On March 14, 64 teams came to the NCAA tournament with dreams of making it to Georgia for the Final Four. It was March Madness at its finest, full of upsets, surprises and double overtimes. Now, after two weeks of tournament action, the survivors have found their way to Atlanta. Here’s a look at the finest college basketball has to offer.

Oklahoma (2) vs. Indiana (5): Oklahoma

Both these teams came into the tournament with something to prove. Now they look to completely silence their critics by winning a national championship.

So who’s going to the title game? The Sooners’ Aaron McGhee should be able to contain Indiana’s Jared Jeffries inside, while the rest of the team concentrates on stopping the Hoosiers’ perimeter shooting.

This shouldn’t be a problem for the Sooners, with or without Indiana guard Tom Coverdale (sprained ankle) in the game. With their physical style of play, the Sooners will hand the Hoosiers a beating they haven’t seen since … well, since Bobby Knight got fired.

Kansas (1) vs. Maryland (1): Kansas

A lot of folks think this is the game that will crown the national champion.

Whether or not this is true, there is no doubt that these are two very good teams. Both can battle down low and hurt you from the outside, and are currently playing very well. The Terrapins beat an extremely tough Connecticut team and have looked solid throughout March. The Jayhawks have also had some impressive wins in the tournament (minus Holy Cross).

They grabbed a 61-31 rebounding advantage against Oregon in a game that was never close. The slight advantage the Jayhawks have is their depth on the perimeter, as the Terrapins aren’t as strong off the bench at guard. They’ve also shown an uncanny ability to adapt their game to any opponent. The Jayhawks should squeeze into the final after a very close game with the Terps.

National Champion: Kansas

The Sooners play ugly, but it’s effective and it earned them a win against Kansas in the Big 12 Tournament. Nevertheless,
Kansas will be ready for them this time.

The Sooners will look to play physical, but the Jayhawks are so deep they’ll be able to keep fresh bodies on the floor all game-fresh bodies that can score, too.

They’ll be able to match the Sooners’ athleticism and physical play, on defence, on the boards and on the perimeter.

On April Fool’s Day in Atlanta, it will be Kansas cutting down the nets and drinking champagne.