Deferred maintenance maps

Deferred Maintenance Maps KeysThe 2013 Annual Report on Deferred Maintenance was presented to the Business Board of the University of Toronto’s Governing Council on Monday, January 27. The university has a total of $505 million in deferred maintenance across its three campuses.

The condition of buildings is indicated by the Facilities Condition Index (FCI), which measures the dollar value of the deferred maintenance outstanding on a building against its replacement value (the cost to replace every part and system of each building, i.e. the build-from-scratch cost). An FCI above 10 per cent indicates a building or property portfolio in ‘poor’ condition.

The maps below show the FCI of every building assessed for the 2013 report. Click on individual buildings to see numbers.

University of Toronto St. George (UTSG)

U of T’s St. George campus accounts for $435 million of the university’s $505 million deferred maintenance backlog. UTSG has an FCI of 15.1 per cent.

University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)

U of T’s Mississauga campus accounts for $32.7 million of the university’s $505 million deferred maintenance backlog. UTM has an FCI of 8.3 per cent

University of Toronto at Scarborough (UTSC)

U of T’s Scarborough campus accounts for $37 million of the university’s $505 million deferred maintenance backlog. UTSC has an FCI of 12.6 per cent.