From cross-fit to extreme calisthenics, and leading supplement brands to fitness shows, the Toronto Pro Super Show is a mecca of everything fitness. This weekend, Canada’s largest fitness exposition sets up shop at the Metro Toronto Convention Center.

Sponsored by health and supplement superstore GNC, the Pro Super Show will feature a wide variety of health and fitness related events, including interactive workshops hosted by prominent fitness personalities, an array of competitions such as kick-boxing and powerlifting, and more than 100 booths showcasing the latest sports equipment, apparel, and nutrition.

The exhibition’s extensive event programming guarantees that there will be something for everyone — for the more competitive student-athlete, the weekend is jam packed with multiple mini-competitions. For those who prefer cheering to competing, the events have ample room for spectators.

If you’re looking to participate, but not compete, the Super Show offers multiple classes and workshops in a non-competitive environment, including yoga, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio, and strength-training classes. The show also appeals to the more chartable athlete, as one of the weekend’s events, Sweat 4 Sick Kids Fitness Challenge, donates a portion of ticket proceeds to the SickKids Foundation.
U of T students interested in fitness and athletics might want to check out JackedScholar’s booth at the expo, as the company specializes in providing quality brand name supplements for a student-friendly budget. They also offer students the opportunity to become campus reps for the company— an appealing prospect to students who spend the majority of their time rotating between Hart House, the AC, and the Goldring Centre.

Celebrity guest seminars about nutrition and bodybuilding will also be held throughout the expo — ideal for the first time attendee who just wants to learn some tips from the pros. Athletes and fitness lovers at U of T should definitely schedule their training regimes around the Pro Super Show, as it only comes around once a year.