The Association of Part-Time Undergraduate Students (APUS) is hiring a new Executive Director to replace Danielle Sandhu. The call for applications, which began on June 12, comes after a controversial term for the outgoing Executive Director.

On March 31, Sandhu clashed with University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU) Board of Directors Speaker Billy Graydon when she livestreamed a board meeting to APUS’ Facebook page, which was subsequently followed by a motion to eject Sandhu from the meeting.

In January, The Varsity reported that Sandhu owned at least 11 prospective UTSU slate domains, most of which were registered in early 2015. Sandhu was UTSU President in the 2011–2012 academic year, but was not a UTSU member during the 2015 elections.

Neither Sandhu nor APUS President Mala Kashyap replied to The Varsity for comment regarding the details of Sandhu’s departure or the circumstances surrounding it. 

APUS put the job posting for Executive Director on CharityVillage, a job board for Canadian non-profits. The position is a full-time, one-year contract position and pays $52,000–55,000 with benefits. APUS accepted cover letters and resumes up until June 26 at 5 pm.

The union represents over 6,000 part-time students in the fall and winter semesters and 14,000 summer students across U of T’s three campuses. Its mandate is to protect the rights of part-time students and provides services, programs, and events to its membership.