Episkopon is a quasi-secret society that was established at Trinity College in 1858. Since its inception, allegations of abuse and harassment on the basis of race, gender, and sexual orientation have followed.

The Varsity began this investigation after Episkopon’s alleged dissolution and multiple Trinity student leaders stepped down in the summer of 2020, citing their involvement with the group. We wanted to probe if allegations against Episkopon have continued to this day, and understand how this group has impacted notions of exclusivity and discrimination in Trinity College’s overall student community. 

Although motions of progress have been made, the future of Trinity and its students remains unclear.

If you have any tips you would like to share about our ongoing investigation into Episkopon and the culture at Trinity College, please email Stephanie Bai at [email protected]. Anonymity is available depending on the situation.

Written by Joshua Chong and Hana Sharifi, Varsity Contributors

Project managed by Stephanie Bai, Features Editor

Edited by Stephanie Bai, Features Editor; Megan Brearley, Senior Copy Editor; and Maya Morriswala, Deputy Senior Copy Editor

Copy edited by Talha Chaudhry, Lead Copy Editor; Marta Anielska, Lead Copy Editor; Anita Ding; Toryanse Blanchard; Amena Ahmed; and Farheen Sikandar

Web design development by Munachi Ernest-Eze, Front-end Web Developer and Rahul Tarak, Back-end Web Developer

Visuals by Samantha Yao, Photo Editor; Dina Dong, Video Editor; and Aditi Putcha, Design Editor