The UK oil and gas industry is anticipated to see a CAGR of almost 7.5% throughout the projected period. All of the country’s oil and gas industry’s supporting services were severely impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. In 2020, they saw an 11% decrease in primary energy consumption, which directly affected the world’s output and prices of crude oil and natural gas. Due to suspensions in transportation and industry, fuel demand decreased.

Saving money on your energy bills can greatly impact your business’s profitability, so it pays to shop around. With some savvy shopping and research, you can find great deals that keep your business running smoothly and affordably. What information do you need to make a business gas comparison?

• The amount of business gas you need: This will depend on the size and scope of operations for your company. An understanding of your current and future requirements is essential when researching rates so that you can make a comparison between different suppliers and identify which ones offer the best deals.
  • Current supplier’s pricing structure: Check to see if your current supplier offers better rates than other suppliers you may be considering. It’s important to know what kind of discounts they offer and whether any promotions or deals might lower your costs even further.
  • Different pricing tariffs: Research the different types of business gas tariffs available and the terms associated with each one so you can get a better idea of which one is most cost-effective for you. This includes Fixed, Variable, and Half Hourly rates.

Tips for Finding the Best Deals on Business Gas

Tip 1: Take Advantage of Tax Breaks

There are various tax breaks and government schemes available that can help you reduce your business gas bills. Research the different options available and see which ones might be best for your needs.

• See if your business qualifies for tax deductions or credits when purchasing business gas
  • Research potential rebates from local, state, and federal governments

Tip 2: Research Potential Suppliers and Services

There are a variety of suppliers and services available for business gas. It’s important to do your research to find the best deals. Look into different pricing plans, customer reviews, and what kind of service you can expect from various suppliers. Additionally, see if there are any special offers or discounts that may apply to your business. 

Here’s the list of gas suppliers in the UK:

• British Gas
  • E.ON
  • EDF Energy
  • OVO Energy
  • Scottish Power
  • SSE Energy Solutions

Tip 3: Consider Going Green

The world is embracing renewable energy, and there are many benefits to using green energy for your business. Consider taking advantage of solar energy, wind or geothermal energy, or biomass for your business gas needs. You may even be eligible for tax breaks when making the switch to a greener option.

Tip 4: Monitor Market Trends

It’s important to keep an eye on the market trends in order to get the best deal. Track the prices of different suppliers and factor any changes into your decision-making process. Regularly check and compare available prices; don’t be afraid to switch suppliers if you find a better deal.

Tip 5: Negotiate a Long-Term Contract

If you find a supplier that offers good rates, negotiate a longer-term contract to make sure you get the best deal. This can help you secure a more reliable price and keep your business gas costs low in the long term. There are two types of contract lengths: short-term, which usually lasts for one or two years, and long-term, which can last up to 10 years.

Tip 6: Look for Bundle Deals or Group Discounts

Some suppliers may offer bundle deals that include multiple services or group discounts if several businesses within the same industry opt to use their services. These can be great opportunities to save money and get more value for your business gas expenses. The most common discount type is a bulk discount. This means a lower unit price for purchasing more units in one go.

Tip 7: Take Advantage of Loyalty Rewards Programs

Many suppliers offer loyalty rewards programs that may include discounts or points each time you purchase business gas. This can help you save money over time, so make sure to look into available rewards programs before signing a contract.

Tip 8: Consider Alternatives to Gas

Depending on your needs, you may want to look into alternatives to gas for your business. This could include electricity, propane, biofuels, wood pellets or other sources of energy. These might not be suitable for all businesses but can be a great cost-saving measure for some.

Tip 9: Use Technology to Your Advantage

Technology can be a great way to stay organized and keep track of your energy usage. Consider investing in energy management software, which can help you monitor and analyze your businesses’ gas consumption and identify ways to reduce energy costs. You can also visit the business energy website for more information about energy-saving tips and best practices.

Importance of Finding the Right Business Gas Supplier

Choosing the right supplier can help you save money on business gas and ensure that you get reliable service. Having a good supplier can also mean that your energy supply is more secure and you won’t be left without power or heat in case of an emergency. 

Ultimately, the right supplier can make all the difference when it comes to your business energy needs. You just have to do your research, compare prices and services, and look for the best deal. With a bit of effort, you can find the ideal business gas supplier for your company.

In Conclusion

Understand what type of plan is best for your needs, research potential suppliers and see if you qualify for any special offers or discounts. Also, consider other energy sources and use technology to your advantage. Every penny your business saves on gas can be put towards growing your business. That’s why taking the time to find the best deals and staying on top of market trends is so important.