A group of anti-2SLGBTQ+ organizations promoting a campaign entitled “1 Million March 4 Children” plan to hold a protest — with speeches starting at 11:00 am — on September 21 in Queen’s Park, which sits in the middle of the St. George campus. The city-wide organization Toronto Against Fascism, which mobilizes in response to far right organizations, posted that it plans to hold a counterprotest beginning at 11:30 am. 

The anti-2SLGBTQ+ organizations held a protest under the same campaign in Queen’s Park on September 20, and some U of T community members attended a counterprotest to show their support for 2SLGBTQ+ students’ rights. This previous protest drew a large police presence.

2SLGBTQ+ students can access peer support at the Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and Trans People of the University of Toronto volunteer-run drop-in centre at 73 St. George St, which operates from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays.

The LGBT YouthLine, which operates Sunday through Friday from 4:00–9:30 pm, provides text and chat support from trained 2SLGBTQ+ responders between the ages of 16 and 29. 

The university’s Sexual and Gender Diversity Office also offers students, staff, and faculty free, confidential guidance about harassment over the phone or by email.