Joshua Cramer couldn’t be more thrilled to be this year’s recipient of the prestigious John H. Moss Scholarship.

“It still hasn’t sunk in,” he beamed. The award goes to the graduating U of T Arts & Science student who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement and extra-curricular leadership.

Cramer is the President of the North American Model United Nations (NAMUN). He first becamet involved with NAMUN six years ago, when he was a high-school student. He and his friends wanted to join, but were told they had to be affiliated with a university. So Cramer began running papers for Security Council and when he entered university, he quickly became the editor-in-chief for NAMUN’s main publication, The Diplomat. He then became a Secretary General and from there rose to the rank of NAMUN President.

Cramer believes his political interests garnered support for his nomination for the prestigious award.

“I learned that during my speech at the NAMUN gala dinner that there were scouts for the award, watching me,” said the fourth-year Victoria College student.

Currently, Cramer is studying English and human biology, with numerous political science electives. With his award, he plans to pursue either an M.A. or M.Phil. in English literature.