It just got a little easier to be a pimp

Last night, close to a billion people worldwide tuned in to watch the 78th Annual Academy Awards, including U of T students who tuned in at Innis Town Hall. The event was dominated by politically and socially conscious movies examining issues such as homophobia, terrorism, and racism, and was hosted for the first time by host of The Daily Show, Jon Stewart. Philip Seymour Hoffman took home his first Best Actor Oscar for his tour de force portrayal of author Truman Capote, director Ang Lee picked up his first best director Oscar for Brokeback Mountain, and Crash defied predictions to get the nod for Best Picture.

The night was stolen, however, by group 36 Mafia, who’s song “It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp” took home the statue for best song, showing that Hollywood is finally ready to accept hip-hop as a form of music. The shocked group, who wrote the track for the film Hustle and Flow, thanked both Jesus and Ludacris in their acceptance speech. -BEN SPURR

NFL players to avoid uselessness after age 35

The Harvard Business School has designed an executive education program for the players of the National Football League.

The program is a part of an ongoing initiative by the NFL and the NFL Players Association to help prepare their members for life after football.

Players will learn about financial analysis and valuation, marketing strategies and business plans, as well as legal and tax issues.

Part of the education program includes a month-long research project, where players will investigate a specific business concept or entrepreneurial venture under the guidance of HBS faculty.

The program concludes with classes on career planning and self-assessment.-EMILIO REYES LE BLANC