Roughly 60 incidents were formally reported to the University of Toronto Police in the last two weeks, a notable increase from the summer months when an average of 90 incidents occurred per month. The majority of the responses dealt with theft or attempted theft (25), and suspicious or unwanted persons trespassing or causing other mischief (16). Nine medical calls were also attended to.

Eight bicycles were stolen during the two-week period, all at different locations across campus.

Of the 16 unwanted persons dealt with on St. George campus, one was intoxicated, seven trespassed or caused damage to property, five were removed for harassment, one was involved in a break-and-enter, one was seen throwing eggs, and one was involved in a level-one assault that occurred at the Architecture Building.

Strange or unique incidents on campus during the past weeks included two incidents of fraud at the U of T Bookstore on Sept. 15, where students attempted to use counterfeit currency or a fraudulent credit card to pay for their new textbooks.

On Sept. 6, a bomb threat was called in for Emmanuel College, and the Toronto Police were involved in the investigation, which turned up negative results. Prank or otherwise, it seems that nothing can stop the school year from starting up again right on schedule.

-AMY SMITHERS