Welcome all to the Rob Blog,

Since the latest issue of the varsity had advertised my blog, I have felt the need to actually write one. So here goes. First and foremost, this is the first blog entry I have ever written so go easy on me, but I do promise to make it as funny and interesting as possible for all the die heart fans out there and even a little something for those who never “got” basketball.
In case you are unaware, I am a member the U of T Men’s varsity basketball team. I am a 6 foot Caucasian male that plays the shooting guard position, so in other words I am your typical “white man that can’t jump” although I like to think I can do other things well. The purpose of this blog is to initiate some interest from students on campus in hopes that we create an even larger crowd for some of our home games. So far the crowds have included football players (Stinson, Kennedy, Laforge and Hamilton), family members (especially my mom and dad), player girlfriends (Hey Chloe*,Tracey, Kailee, Jennifer and Yoshi) and too many other fans to name. We have certainly come along way since the earlier years when we would have crowds of not more than 40 people.
Well I guess I should mention some interesting stuff regarding our team. Firstly, our head coach is regarded as one of the most technically sound coaches in Canada as he was once a former assistant coach on the Canadians Men’s national team, but what is most important is that he might actually be the funniest Coach in the OUA. If I could describe to you his sense of humor I would, but it is something that one has to be experience for oneself. (Scotch Whiskey!). Mike DeGiorgio is our starting point guard this year and he brings a lot of leadership to a young team. In case you didn’t know, he’s kind of a big deal. Nick Snow, Ahmed Nazmi are our starting forwards this season and both have the skills to be OUA all stars and due to the bent rim in the sports gym, basketball fans are sure to see more dunks from these guys. Paul Sergautis is at the other guard spot with Mike and I. He can shoot the ball very well and rebound better then most guards at his position, however he likes to wear towels for jackets but don’t hold that against him. Nick Magalas is another important piece to our team, and no he is not related to me in any way, shape or form. Referees, spectators and even our own mothers tend to get us mixed up. His 3 point shooting and ball handling will be very important for our team this year. I, on the other hand, am possibly the best “dunker” U of T has ever had, except I don’t actually dunk but rather complete the world’s greatest dunk shots (Dunk Shot – A sad yet miserable attempt at a dunk by just barely lifting the ball over the cylinder followed by a grasping of the rim as to appear as if one actually dunked). Other shooting guards on the team include Mike Thomas, Justin Holmes and Joseph Munn. All of these guys can shoot better than most starters on OUA teams, which means we have depth at the shooting guard position. When Anthony DeGiorgio and Sebastian Magalas are not too busy working at either Hollister or Abercrombie and Fitch, they will resume back up point guard duties to their brothers Mike and Nick. Drazen Glisic and Andrew Wasik round out the rest of our roster and with their impressive games over the boarder two weeks ago, one can only assume that these two forwards will be relied upon to generate a spark off the bench. Overall our team is doing great this year as we are currently ranked # 9 in the country. With already two wins under our belt this season, we are looking to hold the # 1 spot, and put an end to Carleton’s reign of dominance (I really dislike Carleton).