Twenty-one-year-old Abu-Ubaida Atieque was last seen in the Neilson Road/Sheppard Avenue East area on Tuesday, Nov. 18, at 8 a.m., according to a Toronto Police Service news release issued last Friday.

Scores of posters marked “MISSING PERSON” were posted at all the entrances to the Student Centre the same morning. The Scarborough Campus Students’ Union is hoping that the posters will encourage anyone with information to speak up.

The report describes Atieque as white, 5 foot 7 inches, approximately 165 pounds and last seen wearing a black jacket, black pants, and brown shoes.

“He’s missing and we really wish he’ll call us,” said Detective Stanley Bydal.

SCSU president Zuhair Syed said he believes that Atieque is a fourth-year student at St. George campus who is studying engineering on an academic scholarship. The police have not confirmed or denied this.

“It was an obvious decision for the SCSU to fully support the search of

Abu-Ubaida. There is a great deal of urgency,” said Zuhair Syed, President of the SCSU. “We are doing whatever we can to help find him and we will continue to do whatever we can in the near future to assist in this matter.”

Wednesday morning, some of the posters were found torn off a door and ripped into pieces.

Toronto police ask that anyone with information contact 42 Division at 416-808-4200. Crime Stoppers can also be phoned at 416-222-8477.