The candidates, from left to right

VP Internal and Services: Corey Scott

“Hi Varsity readers, my name is Corey Scott and I am running for VP Internal and Services in the UTSU General Elections with Team UNITE for ACTION. As the current VP Campus Life I worked tirelessly to create the first ever carbon-neutral free Orientation Day, secure exclusive space in the Athletics Centre for campus clubs and student bookings, expand clubs training sessions and services and fight for a safe and inclusive environment at the University of Toronto. As the VP Internal and Services I plan to continue working with clubs to expand financial and in-kind resources that will work towards more sustainable and equitable practices, offer campus-wide free commuter brunches that engage and inform commuter students, further expand and promote U.T.S.U. services such as discounted entertainment tickets, and ensure that the students’ union is saving you money and advocating on your behalf. At the polls, vote to UNITE for ACTION!”

VP Equity: Lena Elamin

“Hello everyone! My name is Lena Elamin and I’m asking for your vote to be your VP Equity. As Anti-Racism Coordinator for the UTMSU, I organized events that gave equal access to all members of the campus community. I organized eXpression Against Oppression week, which challenged issues of discrimination, questioned injustice, confronted islamophobia, racism, and many other forms of oppression. Elected External Relations officer for the Muslim Student Association at UTM, I maintained relations with active clubs on campus and sought opportunities to collaborate on events. United with the community, I will create an anti-racism collective and fight for diverse food options and I will work to produce action against issues of discrimination and oppression. So when you head to the polls, VOTE ELAMIN and UNITE FOR ACTION!”

President: Danielle Sandhu

“Hi Varsity readers! My name is Danielle Sandhu and I am running for President of the UTSU with the UNITE for ACTION team. Access to education and a better student experience were my priorities when I previously served as your VP Equity and VP Campus Life. Working with students across the province, we managed to win a province-wide credit transfer system and a 6-month interest-free period on OSAP loans. By uniting with faculty and staff, we mobilized to successfully shut down an Arts and Science Academic Plan that would destroy programs, and increased Equity Office support to students at UTM. As president, I will fight to make education the number one issue in the provincial election, increase funding to our clubs, fight all forms of discrimination and oppression, and work to build a united and inclusive student movement. VOTE SANDHU and UNITE FOR ACTION!”

VP University Affairs: Clara Ho

“Hey folks! My name is Clara Ho and I’m running for VP University Affairs in the UTSU General Elections with the UNITE for ACTION team. As current VP Internal of the Victoria University Students’ Administrative Council (VUSAC), I have been a strong advocate of students rights and representation. I have worked effectively to secure office space for Vic student groups and have taken the lead in fostering student involvement on the residence, college and campus-wide levels. As your VP UA, I will mobilize students to eliminate Flat Fees in all programs, fight to secure a student-friendly, free space-booking policy, and work to end the practice of charging interest on deferred tuition fee payments. I am passionate about creating the most positive and fulfilling student experience for you, and dedicated to ensuring that you have access to a higher quality and affordable education. Let’s unite to build a better university experience. Vote to UNITE for ACTION!”

VP External: Shaun Shepherd

“Hey everyone! My name is Shaun Shepherd and I’m running for VP External for UTSU. As a current executive of the Black Students’ Association, I have promoted accessible education and safe spaces for all community members. I have organized successful open discussions on race and identity and improved student involvement in the community through an annual high school conference. My commitment to issues of equity has seen me working alongside various student groups such as the Thaqalayn Muslim Association, and Students for Barrier-Free Access. As your VP External, I will fight for the end of differential tuition fees for international and professional students and will continue the fight for affordable TTC options and improved service. With an upcoming provincial election, I will seek commitments to reduce tuition fees from all parties. VOTE SHEPHERD and UNITE FOR ACTION!”