The Beach House Rosé

$9.95 at the LCBO

Wow! What an issue, hey folks? Mr. Woody Harrelson, a federal election, and The Varsity’s last issue — all within these very pages. I’ve had a great year learning about wine with y’all, and wanted to end with one last bottle, intertwined with the best stereotypical graduation quotes I could find.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. — Dr. Seuss

This rosé is a limited edition South African Wine. It seems like every year Torontonians get excited about the spring and start wearing shorts way before it’s socially acceptable (though Harry Rosen’s spring catalogue has advised me that shorts are finally back this season). If you’re yearning for the summer, stick this wine in the fridge and enjoy the outdoors with friends. The wine boasts light floral tones and is very light on the palette.

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. — Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you’ve learned anything this year, let it be that as students we can unite and overcome the ageist, sexist, and elitist preconceptions of wine. Just because you don’t have $30 to blow on every bottle doesn’t mean that there aren’t great finds to be had. This fantastic rosé is from South Africa, but pay special attention to South America, Portugal, and Italy for wines that may not be as expensive but still offer fantastic flavours. Although the Wine Rack is open late, it only features Ontario wines. Don’t be afraid to adopt a more global view in your wine preferences.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. — Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks again for a great year. Enjoy your summer, and in the words of Tennyson, drink life to the lees!