With the chilly winter season approaching, one Toronto café is providing what true coffee-lovers crave: a simple, sensibly-priced and artfully-crafted menu of drink specialties.

Located at 388 College St. just east of Bathurst, Voodoo Child is the month-old creation of Scotty Daté and David Rad, whose minimalist concept is quickly gaining popularity across the city. Its interior is bright, thanks to a gigantic storefront window, and it features hardwood flooring, a distressed bar top, antique metal stools, and white walls covered in local artwork. Exposed-filament bulbs provide a cozy ambiance, perfect for when the sun goes down — an ethereal touch of warmth to combat winter’s cold.

Voodoo Child’s menu, like its decor, is beautiful in its simplicity; it offers only eight drink options beyond alcoholic beverages like beer and wine. Voodoo Child’s cappuccino ($3.25) is a robust yet smooth combination of espresso and milk, topped with light, airy foam. The Cortado ($3), served in a miniature crystal goblet, packs a punch with less milk and more espresso. These café staples are served without sugar, meaning those of you who have never experienced pure espresso flavour may need to add some of the sweet stuff.

If you are craving some sweetness, Voodoo Child offers one of the most pure and simple hot chocolates ($4) out there. A humble combination of cocoa powder, milk and sugar, it’s the perfect drink to keep warm in the harshest of seasonal conditions.

While Voodoo Child currently offers only a handful of snacks to pair with your drink — such as their signature banana bread ($4) which is made fresh daily — the cafe plans to start serving late-night cocktails on Fridays and Saturdays until 2 am, as well as weekend brunch for the morning after a night on the town.

Voodoo Child is open 8 am–7 pm Sunday to Thursday, 8 am–9 pm on Fridays and Saturdays.