The Blue Jays clinched a playoff berth and home field advantage for the Wild Card game following tonight’s win over the Boston Red Sox.

Aaron Sanchez pitched a stellar game in Boston, giving up only a single hit to one of the most potent offenses in baseball. With the win, the Jays advance to the playoffs for the second season in a row.

On Tuesday October 4, the Jays will take on the Baltimore Orioles in a one game playoff to determine which of the two teams will face the Texas Rangers in the Division Series. If the Jays win, it will produce a rematch of last years heated Division Series that saw the benches cleared, one of the ugliest fielded innings in baseball history, and of course the epic Bautista bat flip.

But overcoming the Orioles will not be easy, and with only one game to play, it really comes down to which team will be better on the night. The Orioles beat the Jays in a three-game series last week, two games to one, but that doesn’t necessarily indicate how the two teams will perform when they field their best respective lineups on Tuesday.

The Jays have earned a place in the playoffs this year — but only just. Their pitching has been excellent, but they will need more run production from the offense if they want to keep their place in the playoffs.