Posters reading “It’s okay to be white” have been spotted around the St. George campus. The posters were reportedly planned through an anonymous 4Chan post, instructing individuals to print off the posters and put them up across campuses around the world on Halloween night while wearing a “silly Halloween costume for anonymity.”

The post says that the intention of the posters was for “normies” to see media coverage of the posters and “realize that leftists & journalists hate white people, so they turn on them.”

“Credibility of far left campuses and media gets nuked, massive victory for the right in the culture war,” reads the 4chan post.

Many of the posters have since been removed or covered.

As a general rule, posters that don’t comply with procedures regarding postering on campus are removed by caretaking and grounds staff. Messages like this are antithetical to the University’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, which are among our core values,” said Althea Blackburn-Evans, Director of Media Relations at U of T.

Rumours also surfaced online that razor blades were found behind the posters, however these rumours have not been confirmed.

UTSU President Mathias Memmel told The Varsity that the UTSU was given a tip by a student who was hurt trying to take down one of the posters, but could not confirm that the injury was a result of a razor blade.