Hi Jewel.

My younger sister is thinking of using tampons during swimming lessons. Will she lose her virginity if she uses a tampon?

Denise

Dear Denise,

Retaining the fruit of one’s virginity is vital in many cultures, so I understand your concern as an older sister. According to Playtex’s website, the use of tampons does not damage one’s hymen. This is because “the hymen is large enough to let menstrual fluid out, and the tampon slips through the same opening.” Therefore, reassure your sister that her womanly flow will not interfere with the tides of swimming.

Love Jewel

Dear Jewel,

My fiancée has a hard time getting excited, and I am thinking of performing oral sex on her. I have never done this before. Can you give me some pointers?

Michael

Dear Michael,

Although the mass media exalts the female form, debris of shame are attached to the odour and flavour of the vagina.

It’s refreshing to see that you are taking an active role to help your fiancée hit the peaks of her sexuality. Add dabs of excitement by titillating her with some teasing. Nuzzle your nose in her bush and massage your nose in her most sacred parts. Isadora Alman has a marvelous section devoted to performing oral sex on women in her book, Doing It: Real People Having Real Good Sex (Conari Press, Berkeley California 2001). Ms. Alman is a nationally syndicated sex columnist, a licensed marriage and family therapist and a certified sexologist. She recommends that men should “try kissing (their partner’s) clitoris like you would kiss her mouth, tenderly. Experiment by flicking against her clit with the pointed tip of your tongue, than a softened tip; snuggle your tongue gently against the length of her clit. Purse your lips and gently suck the nub into your mouth, again and again.” Moreover, it is imperative that one remains creative during his entire exploration of their partner’s womanhood.

Overall, it is always important to add new spices to the pot, and mix up techniques according to her responses. For instance, if she does not derive joy from direct stimulation on the exposed glands of the clitoris, than pamper her hood with wet pecks.

Bon voyage, and may you enjoy the scrumptious one-on-one relationship with the most intensely female part of your woman!

Love Jewel

Got questions? Email them to Jewel at [email protected]