’Twas the month before Christmas, when all through the campus not a creature was stirring, except for a squirrel. In the relatively quiet month of December, University of Toronto Campus Police were called to the Munk Centre, where an errant tree rodent had been spotted dashing around, a few days before students retreated for the holidays. No word on whether the squirrel was carrying an acorn.

The few major incidents included an arrest made on campus by Toronto Police for an alcohol-related offence, and a man who fled the Koffler Centre’s bookstore after attempting to buy a laptop with a “suspicious” credit card. He was described as 5’ 11”, white, with short greasy hair, wearing large sunglasses and dark clothing.

The rest of the month passed without notable incident. The number of reported thefts on campus plunged by 17, down from 44 in November. Bicycle theft was greatly reduced, with two bikes stolen, one from the Galbraith building and and one from in front of Robarts. Cold weather and a low student presence on campus over the holidays are likely behind the crime drop.

No assaults were reported, although U of T Police Services did receive a slightly higher-than-normal number of building alarms. The two buildings that got the most police visits for all incidents were Robarts and the Jackman Humanities building on the northwest corner of Bloor and St. George streets.