Somebody has it in for UTSC’s inner parking lot, where three vandalism incidents took place last week.

Two exit gates leading to Military Trail were pushed outwards on Nov. 9, leaving them bent at a 90-degree angle. The gates have since been fixed.

On November 12, personnel noticed an exit gate “damaged in a manner consistent with it being pushed outwards.”

The last incident occurred overnight on Nov. 14. The access card reader was ripped out of the concrete and stolen, and the entrance gate was wrapped around its supporting pole.

Robert Messacar, manager of UTSC Community Policing, sent a request for information to all UTSC email accounts Tuesday afternoon. UTSC Community Police could not be reached by press time.

The inner lot is mostly used by staff, faculty, employees and disabled parking spaces. It is located south of the Recreation Centre.

The gates ensure that only those with an access card can enter during business hours. After business hours, the gates open and visitors can use parking meters.

Due to concerns of loitering, unauthorized parking and safety concerns in the inner lot, UTSC made the drop-off loop the only pick-up and drop-off area for students starting this fall. Community Police and Parking Enforcement make sure students follow the new rule.

The changes met much opposition at the start of fall term, although few have complained in recent weeks.

Community police ask that anyone with information contact them at 416-287-7588 or [email protected]. Crime Stoppers can also be phoned at 416-222-8477.