Over the last four years, Albi Aziz and Nikhel Solanki, also known as The-Aziz and Nik Soul, have brought music and entertainment to students across all three U of T campuses with their DJ team Planet otnoroT.

Their motive is to counteract the heavy academic weight of U of T and help stressed-out students have a good time. They have headlined many U of T college parties, orientation events, and end of exam celebrations.

However, their work extends beyond UofT club nights. The DJ group travels across the country to different universities, spreading their beats nation-wide. But the team emphasizes that even while abroad they keep U of T at the core of their endeavours. Even the name Planet otnoroT, reminds party-goers of this tag-team’s home base.

“We’re hardly home but always reppin’,” said Solanki.

While in Toronto, Aziz and Solanki DJ at Club V, a local hotspot in nearby Yorkville, as well as other major nightclubs in the city, working in conjunction with other Canadian artists and DJ teams. “We want to surround ourselves within the local community to make our events accessible to everyone.”

Adding to their momentum, Aziz and Solanki will be engaging in a European DJ Tour next year taking with them their pride in being U of T students and illustrating it through a display of spirit for Toronto. The tour will begin in France and proceed to Belgium, giving the team international status. Nevertheless, no matter how far they travel, Aziz and Solanki insist that U of T will always be at the heart of their success.