At 5:20 pm on June 24, Toronto Police received a medically-related call from the Bahen Centre for Information Technology at UTSG. According to a Toronto Police Services spokesperson, the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
The building is currently closed off as emergency responders investigate the scene. The death does not appear to be suspicious.
If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, you can call:
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service phone available 24/7 at 1-833-456-4566
- Good 2 Talk Student Helpline at 1-866-925-5454
- Ontario Mental Health Helpline at 1-866-531-2600
- Gerstein Centre Crisis Line at 416-929-5200
- U of T Health & Wellness Centre at 416-978-8030.
The Varsity has reached out to U of T Media Relations for comment.
Update 25/06: The Bahen Centre has resumed regular operations.
— With files from Ilya Bañares.