You just sat down at your desk, ready to study, when the familiar feeling of hunger starts resonating in your stomach. To save you the time of thinking about what to eat, here are seven healthy study snacks to keep you well-fed and motivated. Keep in mind your own food allergies and dietary restrictions when using this guide!

Walnuts are a great ‘superfood’ and for a good reason. They may not look like it, but they pack a punch when it comes to delivering healthy omega-3 fatty acid. Eating a handful offers potential benefits of improved memory and overall brain health. In fact, a 2015 study by the University of California Los Angeles showed that participants who consumed walnuts showed significant improvements in cognitive functions.

Green veggies, like kale or spinach, are your best friends for adding vitamins or minerals into your diet. Pair the veggies with hummus or blend it with some avocado and other fruits for a rich green smoothie.

Berries are a wonderful choice to improve your eye health. Exam season can be a strain in many aspects, so down a bowl of blueberries or strawberries to keep your vision in check. If eating berries alone sounds a bit boring, add them to oatmeal or Greek yogurt for a snack that is filling and nutritious.

Chia seed pudding is the way to go for satisfying a sweet tooth without packing on the pounds. Although they are small in size, chia seeds contain lots of fibre and nutrients. What does that translate to, you ask? Getting the fuel your body needs and staying full for longer, all without excessive calories.

Hard-boiled eggs are a guilt-free way to be rid of hunger during late-night studying sessions. They are high in protein, which means staying full for longer. Egg yolk also contains choline, which helps improve focus and memory. Two birds with one stone, ain’t it?

Edamame is a great option for those who want a savoury snack that is low in calories. If you are unfamiliar with the term, edamame refers to immature green soybeans. The beans contain many nutrients such as iron and don’t take long to prepare, so you can keep your tummy happy without sacrificing study time.

Baked zucchini chips come in and save the day when the craving for chips hits. Add your favourite seasoning and pop them in the oven. As you chow down, have peace of mind knowing these tasty crisps contain vitamin C, antioxidants, and fibre to aid in digestion.